The Kingdom Foundation
The late Cyril Isaacs died in 1989 after having spent much of his working life in the building industry in the Manawatu and Horowhenua area and his later years in Hawkes Bay.
The Kingdom Foundation was established by deed on 18 March 1988 by Mr Isaacs who particularly sought to support charitable causes in the regions where he worked and lived.
Under the terms of the trust deed income or capital is to be paid for any charitable purposes in New Zealand at the sole discretion of the trustee. The benefactor’s intentions are also to be taken into consideration with preference to support charitable organisations within the Manawatu, Horowhenua and Hawke’s Bay communities, particularly with respect to disability, social services, education and religious activities.
Funding Amount and Time Frames
- Applications to be considered as a recipient for funding are assessed annually. The next granting cycle will be from Monday 1st April 2019 to Tuesday 30th April 2019 (recently extended).
- The amount to be distributed this year is approximately $200,000.
- For 2019, applicants may submit granting requests from two pools. Pool A is for applications from $50,000 to $100,000. Pool B is for applications from $1,000 to $25,000. Applicants may apply for funding under both pools by submitting two separate applications.
- All applications must be completed online.
- The length of the assessment process is dependent on the volume of applications and all applicants are notified of the decision. During the assessment period, trustees may request further clarification from the applicant regarding their application.
Regrettably, due to the number of applications received, we are unable to provide detailed feedback on unsuccessful applications. Please note the decision of the Trustee is final and not subject to any appeals process.
Click on the following grant button to start your application.